Norwegian Refugee Council
WASH Assistant – Laboratory Technologist
(Kenyan National Only)
Location: Kakuma, Kenya
Ref. nr.: 3317341714
Number of positions: 1
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has been present in Somalia since early 2004 and has since expanded its Horn of Africa Programme to Kenya in 2006 and to Ethiopia in 2011.
Since 2004, the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) has demonstrated a regional competence and expertise in working with displaced populations.
NRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by the ongoing conflict and more recently by the drought and famine.
NRC offers a comprehensive response for Refugees, returnees and IDPs of high need, addressing their food security, livelihood, shelter, education, ICLA, and water, hygiene and sanitation needs and also responding to emergencies through NRC’s five core competences; Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods, WASH and Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA).
NRC’s Horn of Africa operation comprises of large-scale multi-country humanitarian and early recovery interventions spread across eight countries (Kenya, Somalia, Ethiopia, Djibouti, and Yemen), and most recently Eritrea, Uganda and South Sudan.
NRC’s overall strategy in the region is to ensure a greater number of vulnerable people in hard to reach areas get access to humanitarian assistance, become resilient to future disasters and find durable solution.
The regional office is based in Nairobi and works with country programmes to ensure standardisation of programmatic and operational approaches, promote multi country programming and ensuring quality and coordination.
Reporting to the WASH Project Officer , the WASH Assistant –Laboratory Technologist will ensure that water quality services and intervention are carried out as required to ensure that Persons of Concerns consume water which is safe from disease causing organisms.
- Perform water sampling as per the Ministry of Health, code of regulations, Government chemist and Water Resources Management Authority regulations
- Record and maintain all records related to water quality sampling.
Education Field: Chemistry
Education Level: College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent ability to coherently lead and manage diverse spread out teams
- Excellent analytical skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Good community mobilization skills
- Individual and group facilitative capacity building skills
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Excellent program evaluative and report writing skills.
Commencement as soon as possible
Duty station: Kakuma
Duration of contract 1 year with possibility of Extension
Salary / benefits according to NRC general directions. The candidate will observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and working hours for the NRC Kakuma office.
- Location: Kenya
- Industry: Emergency Relief
- Special field: WASH
- Role: Assistant
How to Apply
Visit www.nrc.no to apply online
Deadline for application: 30/01/2017