Background: OGRA Foundation is a non-governmental organization registered in Kenya. Its core pillars are disease prevention and treatment; maternal and child health; health systems strengthening; community empowerment; and emergency preparedness and response.
Our mission is to promote, improve health and emergency response in pursuing economic and cultural development in the fight against poverty and social exclusion in the communities.
OGRA Foundation is currently looking for able professional to fill the following position in the organization:
Overall Job Function: The Laboratory Technologist will provide accurate, timely and cost effective testing of patient samples to aid in the diagnosis and treatment of disease in compliance and harmony with the quality laboratory system.
- Perform Laboratory investigations as per clinician’s request and ensure accurate, reliable and timely results.
- Ensure that all relevant records are updated and maintained.
- Monitor and supervise proper usage of laboratory reagents.
- Maintain Laboratory machines in good order- cleaning and covering after use.
- Ensure general laboratory cleanliness is maintained.
- Ensure SOP’S are used at all times.
- Ensuring safety procedures in the laboratory are maintained.
- Preparing of stains, reagents and solutions necessary for all lab tests.
- Participate in the department planning and forecasting of laboratory supplies.
- Ensure laboratory tests are performed accurately and timely
- Ensure proper collection, packaging and transportation of laboratory samples to other outsourced centers.
- Supervise the storage of laboratory reagents and cold chain system to avoid compromised reagents that may lead to false reporting.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by your supervisor.
- At least two years’ experience in a busy facility.
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology from a board recognized institution.
- Registration with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technologists and Technicians Board and with a current practicing license.
- Should be ready and able to work in a rural set up.
- Computer Literate.
Interested applicants are invited to send their applications detailing current and expected salary and a CV with contact details of three referees to the Human Resource Manager at email@example.com with the position applied for as the subject line by Friday 20th January 2017 latest 12 noon.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
OGRA Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.