One Acre Fund
Kenya Product Innovations Analyst
Wanted: Exceptional professionals with 2+ years of work experience for a role that combines rigorous data analysis, expertise on the design of trials for innovative products and services for smallholder farmers, and significant staff mentorship.
Job Location: Kakamega, Kenya
Duration: Minimum 2-year commitment, full-time job
Job Description: One Acre Fund is growing quickly, and we plan to at least quadruple our farmer impact in the next five years. Our staff play a major role in driving that growth while adding major innovations and improvements to our program quality.
This offers staff members a strong career opportunity: the ability to learn from a successful field operation, contribute to aggressive growth, and also make improvements to our program.
We are currently seeking an Analyst on the Product Innovations team in Kenya. This team works to discover new ideas for our programs and conducts dozens of trials to test them.
We have a broad portfolio of many focus areas, including staple crops, new agricultural technologies, solar energy, livestock, market access, nutrition, and health.
As an organization, we constantly seek to learn and improve, and our innovations teams lead the way, developing ideas that could potentially improve the lives of hundreds of thousands of households.
The Product Innovations Analyst role would include the following primary responsibilities:
- Conducting rigorous statistical analyses of trials: analyzing data from complex trials that touch on many different topic areas and that utilize design principles such as randomization, propensity score matching, and other research methods.
- Translating complex data topics for diverse audiences: synthesizing and summarizing data and trial results such that they can be presented to diverse audiences and used effectively in decision-making.
- Supporting the design of rigorous research trials: advising on trial design decisions such as sample size and sampling method, selection of appropriate control groups, statistical power, and ensuring that trials can meet stated objectives and answer target questions.
- Advising on data quality improvements: providing guidance and input to our monitoring and evaluation team to improve data collection methods, developing tools and resources that can identify data quality problems, and implementing best practices for data accuracy.
- Staff mentorship: leading trainings for team members on data analysis and data fluency, developing and revising training materials and resources, and providing targeted mentorship to key staff to build their data analysis and trial design skills.
Career Growth and Development
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development.
We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management consulting-style career reviews.
We also have regular one-on-one meetings, where we listen to and discuss career goals, and work collaboratively to craft roles that each person can be passionate about.
Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new high-level roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for our staff.
We are seeking an exceptional professional with 2+ years of work experience and ideally a demonstrated passion for international development.
Candidates fitting the following profile are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences. Examples include a demanding professional work experience, or successful entrepreneurial experience – for example, starting a field program in a developing country, leading a conference, starting a business, solid Volunteer Service Organization accomplishments (e.g., VSO, Peace Corps, JICA, etc.).
- Strong analytical and statistical background and experience, with a preference for experience with designing and implementing randomized controlled trials and using R for analysis.
- Leadership experience at work, or outside of work.
Humility. We are looking for passionate professionals who combine strong leadership skills with good humor, patience, and a humble approach to service to join our growing family of leaders.
- A willingness to commit to living in rural areas of East Africa for at least two years – this is a long-term, career-track role. The ideal candidate will have at least one year demonstrated experience working in the developing world, although this is not a strict requirement.
- Language: English required in all locations. Knowledge of Swahili a plus.
- Ability to cook/laugh – desirable.
Preferred Start Date: ASAP
Compensation: Starts modest. However, this is a career-track role with fast raises for performance, paying a meaningful salary for long-term placement in developing nations.
Benefits: Health insurance, immunizations, flight, room and board.
Sponsor International Candidates: Yes
East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application deadline: Rolling applications