One Acre Fund
Soil Laboratory Technician
Based in Kakamega
We are an international NGO with a strong footprint in Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, and Tanzania: In these countries our 3,000+ strong staff serves over 400,000 smallholding farmers and helps them to grow their way out of hunger and poverty.
We are seeking experienced and talented individual to take up the position of soil Laboratory Technician.
The Soil laboratory Technician will be based in Kakamega.
- Conduct spectral scanning of soil samples
- Enter data and sync data files to central lab location
- Prepare laboratory materials
- Assist in soil preparation, receiving, grinding, sieving, shipping
- At least one (1) year in a busy laboratory environment
- College certificate in Laboratory science from a recognized institution
- Experience in laboratory management
- Good computing skills/ data entry
- Experience in teaching
- Knowledge in Microsoft Word, excel
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work with little direct supervision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Fluency in English. Proficiency in Kiswahili
If you feel motivated to work for One Acre Fund as the Soil Laboratory Technician and if you fulfill our requirements for this role, we look forward to receiving your application by 13th January 2017
To apply, please CLICK HERE
You will be prompted to a form that must be completed.
At the end of the form you will have the opportunity to write a motivational letter and upload your CV.
Please Note: You must have attained 18years and above to qualify for any position at One Acre Fund. One Acre Fund will never ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted