Oshwal Education & Relief Board
Oshwal Academy – Mombasa
Deputy Head of School
Oshwal Academy is seeking to appoint an experienced individual to work with the Head of School to lead the strategic development and school improvement Oshwal Academy, Mombasa.
This position is vacant immediately.
Given its nature, the role would suit an energetic, ambitious professional with strong aspirations to headship.
The Deputy Head will support and assist the Head of School by providing dynamic, professional leadership and management which supports the Academy vision and values in every day work and practice.
The scope will range from developing and motivating staff, setting high expectations with staff and students, embedding agreed learning and teaching strategies and raising achievement.
The Deputy will contribute to rigorous and ongoing self-review as part of the Academy Development planning process.
Further, the Deputy will take responsibility for leading specific areas / initiatives to secure further Academy wide improvements including possible accreditation to the International Baccalaureate Organisation.
The successful candidate will, for example:-
- provide effective and regular management of middle leaders and Assistant Heads with regular oversight,
- performance review, consistency of monitoring and delegation of responsibilities
- ensure a consistent and continuous academy-wide focus on students’ achievement using data, tracking and SIMs to monitor progress of each student’s learning. Lead the target setting process for students
- ensure that safeguarding policies and procedures are fully implemented and followed by all staff and that any
- concerns about student welfare are addressed promptly, sensitively and effectively.
- support the evolving pastoral structure of the schools;
- review the use of assessment data in all forms;
- support the implementation of a new MIS system and a new PR and Marketing plan.
If you are interested in the exciting opportunities that this role offers, please visit https://goo.gl/cNXWEX for a detailed job description and person specification.
A letter of application, of no more than two A4 pages, should explain specifically how your skills, knowledge and experience will enable you to meet the demands of the job description.
Applications should be received by 12 noon on 10th February 2017 by e-mail to email@example.com