Job Title: Parts Manager
Required no. of years of experience: 11 + years FUSO Trucks, Mitsubishi Passenger Vehicles, Sino truck Parts
Educational Qualification: B.E (Mechanical), MBA
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Reporting: General Manager
Required Profile (Candidate should have exposed to)
- Experience dealing with customers in a retail environment (Automotive parts for both commercial & passenger vehicles).
- Ideally with 11 years automotive experience with minimum 5 years in a similar role.
- International exposure is must- Mainly African continent
- Should have excellent communication skills
- Candidates worked with Mitsubishi Fuso, Photon would be preferred.
Job Purpose (Brief summary of the position)
- Overall in charge of functioning of the automotive spare parts of (commercial and passenger vehicles).
- To meet and exceed pre-determined sales target of automotive spare parts whilst adhering to a disciplined sales process.
- Ensuring that customers receive and experience in line with Principal expectations that follows DML’s route to sale of automotive parts.
- Communicate and quote all relevant and available products and services. Using tools provided to accurately capture data.
- Maintain a professional image at all times and take responsibility for company’s premises and products.
- Ensure effective time management of sales staff with emphasis on follow up activity.
- Facilitate sales process and general activity. Database management, IT savvy, Debtor control, CRM, Solution provider, Aged stock control.
Functional Competencies / Skills Required
- Sales expertise
- Communication and language skills
- Results oriented
- IT skills
- Knowledge of Commercial Vehicles
Behavioural Competencies / Skills Required
- Ability to go in detail and get to nerve of assignments
- Commitment to whatever he/ she do
- Positive Approach
- Ability to adopt to new cultures
- Integrity and Ethics behaviour
- Customer Focus
- Interactive Communication
- Result Orientation
Key Duties & Responsibilities: (These are indicative in nature and are subjected to change as per the business requirement of the Company)
Sales and Marketing
- Achieve annual budget and KPI’s set.
- Responsible for achieving budgets – Sales, GP, NP and Net working capital
- Manage the Key Accounts that contribute over 80% of the business
- Responsible for sale of spare parts of commercial and passenger vehicles.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, stream lining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team of Parts, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout Tanzania.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts of automotive parts.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, sales meetings, newsletters and electronic bulletins.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and achievement on sales targets and administer the sales target and achievement plan.
- Personally observe the performance of sales representatives in the field on a regular basis.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales Organization.
- Partner with the Manager – Corporate and Strategic Accounts in the development of key customer relationship management.
- Establish effective relationships and collaborations with other departments (Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc.) to address key business issues and opportunities.
- Assist sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepare periodic sales pipeline reports showing sales volume and potential sales.
Improving Customer Services:
- To be responsible for customer satisfaction
- To be committed in supplying products and services to exceed customer expectation
- Execute assignments with sense of urgency
- To take ownership of the assignments
- To liaise effectively with Sales, Service and Finance Department Managers.
Coordination and others
- Coordinate with Service Manager / operations for customer issues related to spare parts
- Inform Supervisor in advance if any customer needs are delayed for any reasons so that the customer can be notified
- Inform the customer in advance if the scheduled time is not likely to be met
Spare Parts Operations
- Ensure that the spare parts Receive and Issue procedure is followed by the stores team
- Do random Check with invoice and physical
- Do random check on updation of the system
- Do random check on the Bin location
- Do Random check on the stock count and accuracy
- Ensure full parts consumption before end of life
- Developing proposals for improving customer satisfaction
- Monitoring competitors and promoting parts sales
- Planning and contributing to the dealers parts and service marketing programs
Spare parts ordering
- New model spares ordering plan
- Replacement ordering with min order quantity and Consumption of spare parts in coordination with the workshop manager
- Ensure ordering cycle for optimum conditions
- Ensure that spare parts obsolescence is minimum and as per budgeted provisions
- Daily KPI – Fill Rate, Orders, Back orders
- Consumption report, Stock reports
- Escalation reports of Parts’ sales not received or job pending > 7 days
- Fast moving report with its stock
Preferable industry / company: Automobile, Transport Engineering
Compensation: Best in Industry
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to email@example.com
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.