Job Title: Library / Information Assistant
- Provide reference and circulation services for both print and e-resource library materials.
- Classify and catalogue newly acquired information materials and organize library materials for ease of access.
- Regularly update library holding database.
- Conduct orientation and user education services to new users and literature studies for all users.
- Carry out stock taking exercise quarterly and impromptu checks to always maintain accurate inventory and statistics of all library items.
- Implement security policy on all information materials.
- Lend and collect books, periodicals and other materials at circulation desks.
- Inspect all returned books for condition and due-date status and compute any applicable fines.
- A Diploma in Library and Information studies; a Degree will be an added advantage
- Experience in a busy library
- Proficient in ICT use
- Good customer care skills and pleasant personality.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to meet set deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain high standards of professionalism.
How to Apply
To apply send a detailed CV and cover letter and contact details to email@example.com by 25th February 2017
NB: TAKE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY FEE FOR INTERVIEWS/APPLICATIONS