Vacancy Announcement: Real Estate Project Manager
Are you a qualified professional in project analysis and management?
Do you have a flair for numbers, happy to work in small team environments that are project based?
Does the opportunity to work with multi-disciplinary teams and within strict project guidelines excite you?
Are you a real estate enthusiast?
Do you have real estate project management, administration and coordination experience?
Does project reporting excite you?
Are your presentation skills excellent and the idea of presenting project progress to clients something you are interested in?
If yes…we would like to hear from you.
Our client is a project fundraising and consortium aggregator.
They work as a Project Transaction Advisor in raising primarily equity investments into projects while also aggregating the teams/expertise that would execute these projects.
Our track record includes turnkey real estate development, independent power production and public infrastructure projects, spread across the region
Purpose Statement of the Position: The Project Manager will help fundraise equity and debt, manage and monitor projects. These projects vary from real estate, infrastructure, power and transport projects.
The position will primarily work as a relationship role and hence handling and managing clients directly i.e. will be the principle contact with the institutional clients
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify trends and errors by conducting earnings review of assigned projects.
- Prepare and review Prime and Sub consultant Agreements and compensation clauses, salary rates and determine overhead charges.
- Guarantee cash management by working with clients on new contracts.
- Train and answer questions related to organization’s project management standards and applications.
- Manage project financials such as invoice tracking; forecasting and project budget vs. actual.
- Prepare project documents and status reports.
- Support project management phases such as planning, execution and result monitoring.
- Coordinate project activity and facilitate staff and matrix partners’ meetings.
- Develop and maintain policies relating to department operations.
- Offer technical assistance to associates and represent director in task committees.
- Manage project aspects such as work plan guidance to project team and monitor quality assurance of project implementation.
- Keeping track of the expenses on a project and handling the total budget of the project
- Maintaining project database and providing quality advice on evaluation methodology.
- Providing effective support to the project manager in implementation of concepts and completing tasks on time to meet strict deadlines,
- First degree in fields of Business management, Accounting or applied finance
- 3-4 years in real estate and infrastructure or project finance environments for real estate projects
- At least a Finance Certification e.g. MBA Finance , CPA, and/or would be holding at least a CFA Level 1
- Additional international language would be a plus
- Communication skills, interpersonal skills, analytical skills, strategic thinking and business development are the desired qualities.
- They should be able to co-ordinate and work closely with his team members and learn new technologies which are crucial for meeting targets
Competencies and Skills required
The ideal candidate should display first class aptitude and should ideally have; multi task assignments experience, team management skills, demonstrated flair for numbers, excellent presentation skills, and finally is in a front and/or middle office role.
- Forward thinking
- Team Orientation
- Discretion & Business Ethics
- Evaluation and Reporting
- Strategic Orientation
- Business Focus
Salary Budget: Kshs. 150,000 Gross
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 31st January 2017.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.