Our client, Amaica intends to hire a Unit Manager who will report to the GM.
The job details are explained below:
Company Details: Amaica is an indigenous Kenyan five-star chain of restaurant providing an engaging cultural dining experience for its customers. It is renowned for authentic African food, service excellence based on African hospitality standards, set in an African environment to enhance the customer experience.
Since inception in 2006, Amaica prides itself in providing customers with healthy, balanced and unique African dishes from around the country.
Amaica caters to a wide variety of palettes and has meals generated from communities’ around the country from appetizing starters to delectable desserts.
Amaica also plays host to patrons across the demographic divide including corporates, mature crowds, young adults, geriatrics and children.
Amaica offers the perfect environment for special occasions as well, whether celebrated in a small group or large party.
Job Title: Unit Manager
Department: Food and Beverage
Reporting: General Manager
Other Relations: In charge of all Food and Beverage staff
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management / Hospitality Management
- Minimum three years working experience in the food and beverage department in a four or five star hotel/restaurant
- Perfect knowledge of food and beverage products and their production and services
- Perfect ICT skills and able to operate various hotel software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Result driven and team player
- Good coordination skills
- Passion for customer service and staff motivation
- Time conscious and able to meet set deadlines
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Good conflict resolution and analytical skills
Scope of Duties
- Co – ordinates all the departments within the food and beverage to ensure proper service delivery
- Staff evaluation, promotion and training
- Coordination of all kitchen and service staff to ensure proper service delivery
- Ensuring quality control in the food and beverage service
- Plans all functions and events within the hotel
- Settling out guest complains
- Ensures all costs within the department are kept low and ensures no waste in the kitchen and service department
- Scheduling work amongst all staff working under him