Duma Works is recruiting a Senior Client Strategist for our client in Tanzanina.
The company supports high potential social entrepreneurs in Tanzania and contributes to the social innovation ecosystem in Tanzania.
Their services assist entrepreneurs to strengthen their operations, increase profitability, and scale their social impact.
Through their 360° acceleration program, the company provides entrepreneurs with 12 months of capacity building support, mentorship, technical assistance, and access to affordable capital through our loan fund.
The company also provides business development services to assist larger organizations in developing and implementing strategic initiatives and programmes.
The Senior Client Strategist will provide high quality services to entrepreneurs, work effectively with prominent partners and investors, and manage the direct client services staff in pursuit of the company’s vision.
We are seeking candidates with strategic mind-sets and ability to execute quickly and skillfully in a start-up environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Management of Direct Client Services (70% of Time)
- Manage the company’s client-facing employees, ensuring high-quality services to entrepreneur clients. Quality control, oversight, and progress tracking of deliverables to clients (i.e. reviewing business plans, websites, etc.)
- Direct consulting to a portfolio of high-growth potential Social Business clients, advising them on their business growth, opportunities, and potential risks
- Develop investable business plans, and represent clients in seeking local and international investment
- Present workshops for the company’s clients and as part of the company’s public education and outreach strategy
- Work closely with the Managing Director to implement evaluations, mentor assignments, and training programs
2. Partnerships and External Relations (20% of Time)
- Work with the Business Development Team to solicit new clients, earned revenue contracts, confirm scope of work, and allocate internal resources for effective project management
- Represent the company in panels, working groups, and other external-facing engagements
3. Operations and Administration (10% of Time)
- Work with the Managing Director to inform organizational strategy, budgeting, and company development, including expansion planning
- Support fundraising and communications efforts, including providing information and reports to investors and Board
- Maintain appropriate accounting for expenses, working within a budget, and comply with administrative policies and procedures.
The Senior Client Strategist will be an expert in business development in the region.
She or he will understand the landscape of Social Business and SME development in Tanzania and East Africa and will have the network and skills to grow the company’s support to increasingly sophisticated clients.
Successful candidates must navigate fast-paced and resource-constrained environments with enthusiasm, patience, and imagination.
We prefer those individuals who have previously taken on leadership and management responsibilities.
Starting qualifications include:
- Experience working in Tanzania or other growing African economies with small and medium enterprises
- Strong understanding of the drivers of success/failure to African SMEs and social businesses
- Consulting experience strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Tanzanian business regulations and relevant governing bodies
- Strong financial foundation, including financial statement development, profitability analysis, cash flows, etc.
- Self-starter, with ability to produce results within budget and time deadlines
- Proven track record of leadership, planning and management responsibilities, including significant roles in staff supervision and team development
- Unrelenting perseverance, personal integrity, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple deadlines – must be both strategic and operational
- Ability to work with high-profile individuals by demonstrating high levels of discretion, professionalism, and responsiveness
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- Passionate commitment to the mission and objectives of the company
- 7+ years of work experience in relevant or applicable field
- Must have own computer and cell phone
- MBA or equivalent strongly preferred
Professional Portfolio and detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2587”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2587 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 21st January 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer