Title position: Operations Manager
Duty Station: Kampala
Nature of Job: Permanent
Summary: Our client a solar company is hiring an Operations Manager, a passionate professional to create and maintain appropriate levels of operational focus, integrity and control strategies within the region.
About the job: The Operations Manager is the leader of the entire operations and is responsible for managing the day to day operations of the organization’s activities, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Chief Operations and CEO.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage the implementation of financial and operations functions.
- Working with the management team to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
- Prepare and control operational budgets and inventory, and recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of the company
- Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Develop policies and procedures to improve on the implementation of all HR related activities.
- Facilitate the coordination and communication between support functions.
- In liaison with Board and CEO, assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity and implement and manage operational plans.
- Risk Management – Oversee organizational insurance policies to ensure health and Safety committee meetings are held and tasks assigned.
Specific activities include:
- Accountable for all daily operations of the Regional Hub (RH) and associated Market Hubs
- Ensure that operating processes and procedures are maintained and continually improved guaranteeing a streamlined, customer orientated business
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the performance of the warehouse and credit Officers at the Hub branch.
- Prepare reports stating the progress of the regional Hub related activities
You are a natural leader able to guide decentralized sales teams to set and achieve their targets, while working in a complex, constantly changing and resource-constrained environment.
You love to make people around you perform better by constant training and coaching, however you lack tolerance for under-performance.
You are a problem-solver, a direct and candid communicator, excited about being hands-on without getting lost in the weeds.
The ideal candidate has over 5+ years of operational management experience in a medium sized company, three of which in a related position.
Proven track record of success delivering measurable processes/operations to drive high-growth
The role will require the following skills:
- Strong business acumen: ability to set direction, to develop and implement adequate operational and managerial processes from scratch that are aligned with company’s strategy.
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly through formal reports, presentations, memoranda and email
- Proven record of leadership, budget management, collaboration and engaging at senior levels
- Must be self-motivated, with an ability to balance multiple projects while working under tight deadlines with close attention to detail, accuracy and quality at all times
- Proven ability to inspire and lead a large team, coach and develop individuals
- The candidate has completed a BSc and MSc/MBA degree at an accredited university.
What to expect
The company offers a competitive package consisting of a salary, a bonus (to be introduced after 6 months in the job) and medical insurance. Senior team members are exposed to professional management courses and other experiences in and outside East Africa.
Interested candidates should send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.