SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit for the following position at the National Association:
Community Development Worker – SOS FS Eldoret
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person to become Community Development Worker for SOS CV KE Family Strengthening Program based in Eldoret.
Key Functions of the Job
Community Development Worker will undertake various duties which include and are not limited to the following:-
- Facilitate the preparation of the family development plans.
- Conduct individual & group assessments and selection of beneficiaries into the program.
- Implementation of economic empowerment program activities.
- Facilitate educational development of children in the target group.
- Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of all the Community Management Committee (CMC) support groups, Community Volunteers and Community Representatives.
- Establish and sustain new and existing links and develop networks with NGOs, CBOs, donors, government of Kenya departments and the community.
- Support co-workers of community-based partner organisations in their work with families.
- Support monitoring & evaluation of the programme.