SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit for the following position at the National Association:
Kindergarten Teachers – SOS HGS Eldoret and Nairobi
We seek to recruit dynamic teachers who are team player, person of high integrity, exemplary moral values, good emotional and physical health, with at least two years work experience, to become Kindergarten Educators / Teachers in our Herman Gmeiner School in Nairobi and Herman Gmeiner School – Eldoret.
Key Functions of the Job
- Ensure the educational development of each child, paying individual attention to each child, monitoring his/her educational progress and taking appropriate corrective action as necessary.
- Lead all activities within the assigned class, prepare lesson plans and outlines in accordance with the curriculum guidelines or requirements of the school or government.
- Act as a participating member of SOS CV KE taking particular interest in SOS children, providing them with extra support and striving to understand their educational and emotional needs and difficulties.
- Assist students through the multiple career options available and in making informed career paths and choices.
- Participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities as designed in the school calendar