Duma Works is recruiting an IT Systems Engineer for our client in Uganda.
The company is a leading IT solutions consultancy firm.
Job Brief: We are looking for IT Systems Engineer who can develop, install, deploy, test configure and optimize IT systems and networks used within our client based infrastructure.
S/he will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring high levels of availability, performance and security.
Will include and not limited to:
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
- Provisioning, installation, configuration, testing and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
- Maintain security, documentation, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Work with the sales team and customer to come up with Project scope
- Participate as a team leader in implementation of projects.
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services.
- Preparing and delivering customer presentations and demonstrations of the software, articulately and confidently. Able to carry out Proof of Concepts (PoC’s).
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Level support. ( On or Off Site support)
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Requirements / Skills / Education
- Minimum of Advanced/High Diploma in IT with 5 years’ experience.
- Strong Linux and Microsoft system Administration skills
- Desirable knowledge in Cloud and Virtualization technology. VMware certification will be an added advantage
- Account management experience and/or customer engagement responsibility is desirable.
- Ability to research problems and document their solutions.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Good communication skills are necessary.
- Ability to write and speak proper English.
- Desirable Knowledge in 2 or more storage technologies (NetApp, EMC). Certification will be an added advantage
- Responsibilities will at times be required to be done in the evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advanced notice.
- Team player
- Occasional travel required to offer remote services or attend product training.
Cover Letter and a detailed CV are to be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org marking the subject as “2609”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2609, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Applications without a Motivation Letter will not be considered.
Deadline for receiving applications: 20th January 2017
N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over email or SMS. The test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer. This is to save both you and the employer time and make sure you both find the best match.