Trócaire works in and through partnership with local organisations to overcome poverty and promote justice in developing countries.
Within the Horn & East Africa Region, Trócaire implements and manages development and humanitarian programme work in Kenya.
Trocaire seeks to recruit a highly motivated staff for the position of Programme Assistant.
Description of Position
Provision of efficient administrative support to the Kenya country programme
- The Integrated Gender and HIV Programme
- The Missionary Grants Programme within the Country Director’s Office
Background to the Role: The position is vital for ensuring that the effective administration of programmes is maintained. This is a replacement position.
Contract Duration: 1 year renewable
Duties & Responsibilities
Programme Management & Communication
- Supporting PM’s to maintain regular contact with partners and other stakeholders, primarily those associated with the Integrated Gender/HIV and Missionary programmes
- Supporting Programme Managers (PMs) to assess partner applications
- Provision and management of logistical support during key programme events
- Assist in arranging programmes for in-coming and outgoing official missions, make appointments with other stakeholders
- Maintaining data base of key information and servicing partners information needs in collaboration with PM’s
- Follow up with the implementing partners for progress reports and submission of reports
- Report writing as required
a) Grant Management & Finance
- Supporting PM’s in programme financial management
- Working closely with finance team to ensure accurate reporting and accounting of grants
- Accurate tracking and filing for monitoring each partners finances, transfers, key documents and reports
- Ensuring that approved funds to partner organizations are transferred in a timely manner in line with the organizations policies and procedures
- Uploading of budgets in Agresso and sharing this information with the team to ensure that expenditure patterns and allocation of expenses is properly tracked.
- Tracking ancillary expenditure and advising the team on allocation of expenditures the ancillary budget for the team
- Raising requisitions for the grants to partners.
- Being the main contact person during audit exercises and responding to requests for information under the guidance of the PM.
- Auditing the document library and ensuring up-to-date documentation storage.
b) Office Administration
- Managing all filing requirements (hard and soft copies) within programme portfolios, including opening, closing and keeping files up to date for all programmes
- Receive, screen, log and route correspondence, attach necessary background information and maintain follow-up system for action and deadlines.
- Collate and store information materials, publications, newsletters and other communication materials for use as appropriate.
- Provision of auxiliary support to Project Officers (PO’s) and Programme Support Officers
Monitoring and Evaluation
- To support/follow up with partners in producing timely proposals and reports, which comply with Trócaire standards
- Ensure that monitoring visits to partners are regular and reports are written on each visit
- Facilitate project reviews and evaluations as required
- To accompany the PM and POs on a minimum of two partner visits per year.
- To support the POs and PM in monitoring and evaluations including assisting with collation of documents, organising workshops and accompanying consultants.
Missionary Grants Support
- All duties and responsibilities outlined above also apply to the Missionary Programmes. This includes providing administrative support to the CD in correspondence and financial tracking and filing in relation to the provision of grants to missionaries.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Closing date is 27th January 2017.
Applications will be reviewed as they come and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.