Trusound Entertainment Ltd is a Professional Event Management and Multimedia Entertainment Outfit based in Kisumu.
It’s currently one of the fastest growing indoor and outdoor events co-coordinating company in Western & Nyanza region and offers services including: Corporate Events Management, Public Address and Sound system, Events and Conferences, Professional Still Photography, Video Shooting, Video Editing and Documentary Production for individuals, institutions and corporate among others.
We are looking to hire a Sound Technician to work in a busy and vibrant Sound & Public Address Systems Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for setting up, testing, and adjusting sound equipment for live or indoor or outdoor events and tearing down the equipment after event completion.
Also responsible for assembling, installing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, sound equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures to ensure smooth and quality projection of sound at all times during any event.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least a Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering with 2 years of experience in similar capacity.
- Possess Technical, Analytical and Problem solving skills.
- A blend of creative and practical skills with excellent communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and willingness to work long hours when need be.
- Discuss sound set-up plans with the client to determine the appropriate equipment arrangement.
- Confer with producers or performers in order to determine and achieve the desired sound for a production or event.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Maintain and repair sound devices/equipment including speakers, amplifiers, microphones, consoles etc while advising the management on their working conditions/status.
- Ensure that sound levels are correct and the sound is mixed well while collaborating with the artists and guarantee that the music sounds good for both the performer onstage and for the people in the crowd.
- Regulate volume level and sound quality during live or indoor/outdoor events using control consoles.
- Prepare for events that require P.A/Sound Systems in advance by performing activities such as selecting and setting up microphones, drum sets, key board, speakers and sound cables.
- Report equipment problems, and ensure that required repairs are made in time.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, submit your application including your CV, with two professional referees and an expected salary to reach: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th February, 2017.
Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.
Visit our website for more details: www.trusoundentertainment.com