World Vision International
Grants Accountant – SomRep
Location: Karen, Nairobi, Kenya
Only National applicants will be considered.
Fixed term, Full-time
Duration: 1-2 Years
Purpose of the position: Make department payments to our service providers, suppliers and Sub-Recipients (SR) and also report on grant spending for World Vision Somalia Sub Recipients.
1. Sub Recipient Monitoring
- Follow up with partners to ensure timely and error free financial reporting.
- Timely disbursement of funds to SR
- Ensuring Sub-recipients have internal control systems in place such that accounting records are complete, accurate and are maintained on a consistent basis within the generally acceptable accounting principles.
- Undertake field visits as necessary to ensure Financial reports can be linked to the programmatic reports
- Thorough review of SR submitted financial reports including payment vouchers and giving feedback on performance, areas of improvement and expectations in terms of SR financial performance.
2. Monthly and Quarterly Financial Grant reports:
- Consolidate SR quarterly and or monthly financial reports in a timely manner and with no errors.
- Review and where necessary provide appropriate expense codes to partners for accurate posting of expenses.
- Prepare analysis of grant expenditure for management action to help in monitoring the burn rate of various grants.
- Preparation and participation in annual Audits of the department:
- Ensure all financial documents are filed and files are available for Audit. This would include financial records and contract agreements.
- Work with auditors to retrieve the sampled documents from the files.
- Assists auditors to receive required information for SomRep program from other departments, for example
- Supply Chain department, P&C and World Vision Somalia Finance Office during audit.
- Contribute to acceptable and timely audit reports through provision of required feedbacks during Audit processes.
3. Make SomRep Departmental Payments:
- Payments to Service Providers; housing expenses for SomRep International Staff, school fees for International Staff Children and Travel agent who facilitate SomRep travel needs both locally and Internationally-pay Tickets and Travel transfers
- Legal fees for example, Audit fees, consultant fee.
- Per diems for World Vison SomRep staff.
- Business and Travel Advances for SomRep staff.
- Confirmation from Administration and P&C department on expenses to be incurred by the office and those to be charged to individual accounts –policies issues on expenditure limits, for example housing and school fees for the dependents.
4. Budget Monitoring:
- Help SomRep Senior Program Officer in linking Grant Budgets to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the program matches to the budget
- Work with Grant Finance Manager to match SR budgets to the program budget for consistency.
- Monitor and review SR activities to ensure that only budgeted costs have been incurred.
5. Monitoring bank balances:
- Inform Grant Finance Manager on bank balances to ensure the Accounts are not overdrawn and money is available to make required payments.
- Ensure funds are available for smooth running of program activities
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online
Application Deadline: 22-Jan-17