Young Women Christian Association is a National Organization founded in 1912 whose purpose is to develop the leadership and collective power of women and girls to achieve social and economic empowerment, human rights, health, security, dignity, freedom, justice and peace for all humanity.
The Association invites application for the position of Branch Manager for its Branch in Mombasa.
The successful candidate will be based in Mombasa.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In charge of the day to day running of the Branch
- Coordination of administrative and programme activities at the Branch level
- In charge of Human Resource Management in the Branch in liaison with the National Headquarters
- Liaise with the National Headquarters on Administrative and Policy matters as per existing YWCA Governance regulations
- Ensure Resource Mobilization for Branch Programmes and Activities
- Ensure timely reporting to National Headquarters; Branch Standing Committees and donor agencies as may be required
- In charge of the organization’s facilities in the Branch
- Coordinate all Standing Committee meetings and all other meetings at the Branch level as per YWCA Policy
- Oversee and ensure effective Programme Management at the Branch
- Responsible for Financial Management at the Branch and ensure that Internal Controls are adhered to
- Ensure Development and adherence to Annual Plans and Budgets as per the existing Strategic Plan
- Participate in National meetings and events as required
- Ensure Membership recruitment, development and retention at the Branch level
- Ensure capacity building and orientation for staff and volunteers is done, in liaison with the National Headquarters
- Enhance fellowship among staff and members
- Networking and collaboration with partners undertaking similar activities
Qualifications & Skills:
- Degree in Business Administration or Social Sciences
- 4 years experience in a similar position is desirable
- Must be computer literate with report writing skills
- Experience in Programme management and Community Development will be an added advantage
- MUST be a Christian Woman between 30-40 years
Candidates that are interested and meet the above qualifications are invited to apply.
An application with a detailed CV to reach the under mentioned on or before 3rd February 2017
Human Resource Officer