Our client in the Dairy industry is seeking to recruit a Lab Supervisor to join their team.
- Organize and manage the daily workflow in the laboratory, develop weekly work plans and ensure that tasks are performed efficiently according to quality and safety standards
- Ensure laboratory is kept in good tidy order and equipment is well functioning by certifying instrument performance as well as arranging for equipment replacement, service, and repair.
- Conduct risk assessment for the laboratory
- Develop and implement work instructions, laboratory manuals and health and safety guidelines
- Maintain laboratory equipment performance by establishing quality standards; developing operations , quality, and troubleshooting procedures as well as preventive monitoring schedules
- Maintain laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies.
- Diploma in Food Technology or Engineering
- Experience of 3-5years of working in a Lab environment
- Significant work experience in a dairy farm
- Should be a team player and be able to interact with other staff at all levels
- Mechanical competency and experience in maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office tools.
- Should possess strong leadership skills
- Strong in problem solving and analytical thinking.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ indicating the job title “Lab Supervisor” on the subject line by 3rd March 2017.