Job Opening: Assistant Administration Officer, Nairobi
About Action Africa Help International: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia with Board approval to expand to Ethiopia, Rwanda, Tanzania and Burundi.
It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums.
The Assistant Administrative Officer will be responsible for ensuring the efficient day-today operation of the office and support the work of management and other project staff.
Job Title: Assistant Admin Officer
Department / Section: Administration
Reports to: Admin Officer- HQ
Liaises with: Administrative / procurement and logistics functions, Project Staff.
Duty Station: Nairobi
Purpose of the role: To ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other project staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution
- Prepare and send outgoing mail, and courier parcels
- Forward incoming general e-mails and calls to the appropriate staff member
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available
- Code and file material according to the established procedures
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the organization’s databases
- Back-up electronic files using proper procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other project staff
- Make travel/flight bookings, meeting and other arrangements for various project staff
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment. i.e. Printers,
Procurement & Financial Management:
- Assist the administration officer with sourcing for quotes as requested
- Assist the administration officer coordinating with suppliers to ensure correct and timely delivery of goods and services
- Collecting quotes, bids and proposal and forwarding them to the administration officer for evaluation
- Maintaining a proper filling system according to established records management procedures.
- Receiving the approved requisitions and checking if it’s of the right specifications as directed by the user requirements.
- Process accounts payable ensuring timeliness and accuracy of information.
- Process accounts receivable ensuring timeliness, accuracy of codes and appropriate backup.
- Assist with proper documentation and maintenance of all supply documents including invoices and delivery note awaiting payment.
- Administer office petty cash according to established procedures.
- Preparations of various information/ reports as may be requested.
Essential Qualifications, skills and experience
- Degree or Higher Diploma in Business Management or related is required.
- Procurement qualification an added advantage.
- Two years’ office administration/ secretarial experience including a busy reception desk is required.
- Highly organised and attention to details.
- Knowledge of basic MS Office (email, spread-sheets, word, databases, job-related software, etc.) is required.
- Team-work and participation.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- High level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative.
- Reporting Skills, Administrative Writing Skills, Managing Processes and Professionalism.
- Basic accounting or book keeping skills is preferred.
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission, and value
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship management; able to work with diverse groups of people in multicultural, team-oriented environment;
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 28th February, 2017.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be conducted.