Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an international not-for-profit humanitarian and development agency with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and Country Programmes in South Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, and Zambia.
AAH-I has a long experience of partnering with UNHCR in delivering humanitarian assistance in South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia and Somalia.
Action Africa Help International has been awarded a contract by UNHCR Kakuma to implement logistics and warehouse interventions for the refugee camp.
AAH-I is seeking a qualified candidate for the following position:
Job Title: Warehouse Storekeeper
Reports to: Warehouse Officer
Staff reporting to this post: Warehouse Clerk and Casual labourers
Liaises with: Operations Officer, Administration Officer.
Duty Station: Kakuma, Kenya.
Job Summary: The warehouse storekeeper will be responsible for stock control; ware house inventory and periodic stock reconciliations and document filing (waybills, GRN, GIV, supplier’s documents).
Ensure reliability of quantities on stock cards against physical stock.
The role will work closely with WMS Operator and prepares weekly and monthly stock report.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Warehouse Storekeeper is responsible for:
- Responsible for warehouse stock control
- Responsible for warehouse documents filing (waybills, GRN, GIV, supplier’s documents).
- Responsible of warehouse inventories and periodical stock reconciliations.
- Update warehouse stock cards/Bin stock cards on a daily basis upon stock movement.
- Ensure reliability of quantities on stock cards against physical stock.
- Should be able to work for long hours taking into consideration the sort of operation AAH is involved in.
- Assist other colleagues as needed in the project, office, carries out any other office work as requested by supervisor’s.
- Warehouse stock properly controlled and well maintained.
- Warehouse documents (waybills, GRN, GIV, supplier’s documents) properly filed.
- Warehouse inventories conducted on weekly and monthly bases.
- Warehouse stock cards/Bin stock cards updated on a daily basis upon stock movement.
- Reliable quantities on stock cards against physical stock.
- No losses of goods due to mismanagement
- Diploma in Logistics and Warehouse Management or comparable training.
- Secondary school level with minimum 4 years of experience in warehouse management.
- At least 1-3 years’ professional experience in the logistics field.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience in Warehouse management
- Good knowledge of English, widely used in the country
- Discipline and punctuality
- Resilience and patience
- Familiarity with City, region
- Willingness to up skill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management.
Kenyan nationals and candidates currently based in Kakuma are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
or drop off their applications to Action Africa Help Kenya, Kakuma NCCK compound.
The Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
Deadline for applications is 20th February 2017. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only those selected for the interviews will be contacted.
AAH-I does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.