Vacancy: Accounts Assistant
Position Function: Assist in the planning and management of procurement arrangements for the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- In liaison with respective heads of departments and the top management, continuously monitor goods and services stocks levels/ quality and update lead times accordingly.
- Monitoring purchases of goods and services so as to maintain acceptable and accurate inventory re-order levels.
- Ensure all required documents pertaining to purchases are processed on time and submitted to the top management.
- Prepare and submit to the management landed cost reports on weekly basis or as directed to facilitate monitoring of changes in the prices goods and services supplied to the Company.
- Constantly follow-up with the respective clearing agent and brokers (Speedex and Youjays) and escalate any delays to the management for necessary actions.
- Assist with Import Declaration Forms (IDF)
- Maintain and accurately update all procurement/purchases files by timely filing of all correspondences.
- Analyse and report on cash flow statements as directed by the management.
- Accurately reconcile clearing agent accounts and ensure payment is done in line with the agreed credit terms.
- Liaise with suppliers on goods being purchased on the procedure involved i.e. Insurance, LCs and Bonds).
- Reconcile goods collected with transporter (Kuber, Superstar, Ganatra etc.) with Transporters (suppliers of transport services) statements.
- Ensure efficient and effective purchasing and procurement of goods and services throughout the Company.
- Research on and locate potential suppliers, interview/appraise them in liaison with the top management to gather information on products/services the Company is likely to order.
- Under the supervision of the top management, compare prices, specifications and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers. Prepare LPOs for the approval of the Directors.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems that may occur.
- Maintain knowledge of all Governmental and Company rules/polices affecting purchases and provide information about these rules to Company staff and venders.
- Submit daily, weekly and monthly procurement statistics/reports as directed by the management.
- Monitor and maintain all supplier contracts.
- Assist in physical stock takes.
- Perform any other duty as directed by the management.
- At least CPA Finalist.
- 3 years of relevant experience in administration, finance or office management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
- Good knowledge and understanding of policies and procedures relating to payments process.
- Experience of using an ERP system and good MS Office skills.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to organise effectively, work under pressure with attention to detail, precision and accuracy.
- Strong analytical, organisational and communication skills.
- High ethical standards and integrity.
- Ability to foster and thrive in a team environment.
How to Apply
Interested candidates shall send their CV and a cover letter indicating their current and expected salaries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we do not charge any fees