Act Change Transform (Act!) is a leading Kenyan not-for-profit, non-governmental organization involved in diverse development initiatives in Kenya.
Act!’s main programmatic focus is in Environment and Natural Resources Management; Democracy and Human Rights and Peace Building and Conflict Transformation.
Act! does this through implementing partners, offering them capacity development and management of grants so that value for money is achieved and providing strategic leadership in national advocacy for the benefit of women, youth, people with disabilities and other marginalized communities.
Act! is currently seeking to a recruit suitable candidate for the following position:
1.0 Job Summary
The Administration Manager will primarily be responsible for the establishment and implementation of Procurement, Logistics and Administrative framework (policies and procedures) to support Act! operations.
He/She will be the functional head in administration and logistics reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations.
H/She will develop systems to ensure seamless operations through provision of timely, reliable, cost effective and highly efficient administrative and logistical services and support to all divisions and programs.
These services shall include but not be limited to general office management, transport, communication, furniture and equipment’s, office and field supplies, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the Administrative Manager will be responsible for but not limited to:
2.1 Administration Management
- Ensure efficient and effective running of all office operations at both the main and field office levels.
- Establish and implement an assets management system that safeguards Act!s assets in compliance with acceptable and laid down policies and procedures.
- Conduct bi-annual audits of the assets management system to match the procured verses actual assets available through the records.
- Establish and implement a fleet management system ensuring documentation, vehicle insurances, logbooks, fuel consumption and servicing protocols are observed at all times.
- Provide oversight for the maintenance and repairs of assets and other administrative infrastructural systems, liaising with the appropriate staff to ensure quality repairs of reported malfunctions in a timely and expeditious manner.
- Serve as focal point person in dealing with the insurance underwriters to ensure Act! assets remain fully insured against all risks at all times.
- Serve as focal point person for management of all office lease agreements and related issues.
- Develop and implement a security management system and necessary protocols to support Act!s operations both at the main and field offices.
- Manage the logistics facilitation for the organization. Providing an efficient vehicle scheduling system.
2.2 Procurement Management
- Establish and manage a procurement framework to support organizational procurements in line with the laid down policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement a procurement plan in line with program/project and overall organizational demands.
- Work with the various user departments to ensure timely delivery of quality goods and services.
- Play the leading role during the vendor prequalification process and thereafter ensure implementation of the agreed upon service level agreements.
- Serve as the focal point person in handling all vendor related complaints with regards to goods and services.
- Serve as an approving manager under the purchase workflow LPO system.
The Administration Manager will work collaboratively with the Head of Finance and Operations in ensuring prudent use and tracking of operations budgets.
S/He will be responsible for the development and management of the operations budget with oversight from the Head of Finance and Operations.
3.0 Qualifications, Experience and Skills
3.1 Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or any relevant business field. A Post graduate degree will be an added advantage.
3.2 Professional qualifications
- A Professional certification in Logistics or Purchasing and Supplies management professional.
3.3 Relevant Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in the Administration, Procurement and Logistics management with sound understanding of NGO Operations.
3.4. Essential competencies
- Supplier negotiations skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Understanding of procurement and contract laws.
- Good drafting skills.
- Excellent organization and coordination skills.
- Must be result-oriented.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines: high calibre time management competency.
- Must be culturally sensitive.
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Access, Power-point and the use of Internet for research.
- Good knowledge of Kenya regional blocks that Act! operates in and supply situation in these regions.
3.5 Complexity and difficulty of the work
A demanding job that requires tolerance, community knowledge, project area and local political dynamics.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements as contained in the description, please submit
(1) a detailed and current CV;
(2) an application cover letter demonstrating why you qualify for this opportunity, quoting your most recent gross salary.
All applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com indicating the job position and reference number ACT-ADM-09-2017.
Only candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for applications submission is 5:00pm Wednesday 1st March 2017
Act! is an equal opportunities employer