ActionAid International Kenya (AAIK) is a non-partisan, non-religious organization that has been working in Kenya since 1972 to end poverty and injustice.
AAIK is currently working in 16 counties in solidarity with women and people living in poverty and exclusion to address the underlying causes of poverty and injustice.
Our mission is to work with people living in poverty and exclusion to eradicate poverty by overcoming injustice and the things that cause it.
AAIK is a member of ActionAid International (AAI) Federation. AAI works with over 15 million people in 45 countries for a world free from poverty and injustice.
We seek to recruit a qualified Communications Manager
Reporting to the Head of Policy and Campaigns, the Communications Manager shall be responsible for the review, formulation and execution of AAIK’s Communications Strategy, coordinating and managing the development and production of communications materials for organizational, policy, programme initiatives and partnership capacity support functions.
In this capacity, the incumbent works closely with the organization’s senior management, with unit managers, Partnership Support Unit (PSU) in developing appropriate communications packages for use by staff and partners
Key responsibilities will include the following;
Eligible candidates for the position will be persons who have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Communications, Public Relations, Media studies , Journalism or their equivalent from a recognized University;
- Postgraduate diploma in Journalism for candidates with a non-journalism degree;
- Have at least seven (7) years’ experience in developing and implementing Corporate Communications programmes of which at least three(3) years must have been as Communication Officer in a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations;
- Is a member of a professional body such as Public Relations Society of Kenya(PRSK)
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office, desktop publishing graphical designing through adobe Photoshop Suite, Dreamweaver, freehand, illustrator, InDesign and Quark Xpress;
- Familiarity with the standards of writing, copy editing, and proof reading;
- Ability to improve written content with attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent Script and Speech Writing Skills; and
- Assertive and team player.
How to Apply
To apply, click here to submit your application; for any queries, kindly direct the same to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In case of any challenges in accessing the system, kindly make the link compatible, instructions are on the system access document attached.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications Friday, February 17, 2017 – 23:59
ActionAid is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply