Title: Admin and IT Assistant
Reporting to: HR and Admin Manager
Purpose of the role: Oversee the administrative services of an organization. They assign responsibilities to administrative staff and ensure the facilities are equipped with the supplies and services needed.
Internal profile: All departments
External profile: Suppliers
Directly manages/supervises: All staff assigned to the division
Key task and responsibility
- Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner
- Direct phone inquiries to the appropriate staff members
- Reply to general information requests with the accurate information
- Booking meetings, venues and confirming attendance
- Greet clients/suppliers/visitors to the organization in a professional and friendly manner
- handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Provides supplies by identifying needs for reception, switchboard, mailroom, and kitchen;
- Establishing policies, procedures, and work schedules
- Ensure operations run smoothly within departments such as information and data processing, mail, materials scheduling and distribution, printing and production, records management, telecommunications management, security, recycling, wellness, and transportation services
- Oversee the preparation, analysis, negotiation, and review of contracts related to the purchase or sale of equipment, materials, supplies, products, or services.
- Completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems.
- Improves program and service quality by devising new applications; updating procedures; evaluating system results with users.
- Maintains continuity among corporate, division, and local work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Ensure filing systems are maintained and current
- Establish and monitor procedures for record keeping
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Prepare operational reports and schedules to ensure efficiency
- Co-ordinate schedules, appointments and bookings
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
Security and Maintenance
- Plan long and short-term maintenance needs.
- Modernize and update equipment.
- Handle the acquisition, distribution, and storage of equipment and supplies.
- Preside over disposal of unclaimed property.
- Plan and design grounds maintenance.
- Develop energy efficiency procedures.
- Plan workspaces.
- Oversee renovation projects.
- Monitor facility for security.
- Provides communication systems by identifying needs; evaluating options; maintaining equipment; approving invoices
Qualifications and requirements
- Degree in Business Management
- Diploma in Business Admin or HR
- At least 2 years in a busy industry
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Well developed interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Tracking Budget Expenses
- Quality Management and Organization
- Ability Coaching and Motivating Others
- Communication Processes
- Reporting Skills
Applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th of February, 2017