Program Internship Opportunity
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice, as a practical expression of faith in action.
We are looking for a Regional Intern – Program Monitoring and Evaluation for seven months.
Job Purpose: This position aims to develop the skills and knowledge of talented young activists (under age 28), and to further AFSC’s mission to create lasting peace and justice.
Job Summary: The incumbent will work in Africa Regional office generally and for the Kenya Program in particular.
S/He will be responsible for:
- Follow up of regional program activities including Dialogue and Exchange program (DEP) and Shared Security (SS) activities;
- Collecting, analysis and reporting on data on monitoring indicators of the running projects under Kenya program;
- Preparing monitoring/review reports that will feed into the M & E system and contribute to assessment of the long-term impacts of the Africa Program work on Shared Security, DEPs and the Kenya Program;
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Associate Regional Director, explore, learn from and contribute to AFSC PM&E approach and suggest ways of improving the systems in measuring success;
- Bachelor in Project Planning M&E, Social Sciences, Sociology, Development Studies, Conflict Transformation, or similar fields.
- Master degree or candidate will be an added advantage
Skills and Competences:
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods in the social sciences;
- Experience in or candidate/potential trainee in M & E or project management;
- Have very good communication and analytical skills, fluency in English, pro-active and independent work attitude;
- Be responsible, passionate, desire to work with disadvantaged communities with a good appreciation of Quaker beliefs and principles.
Send your application to:
P.O. Box 66448 – 00800, Nairobi, Kenya
or email: email@example.com
Deadline 20 February 2017.
American Friends Service Committee is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified persons are encouraged to apply regardless of their religious affiliation, race, age, sex or disability.