Area Business Developers
Our client in the FMCG industry is seeking to recruit Area Business Developers to join their dedicated team in Central, Western, Nyanza, Coast and Eastern Regions.
This position reports to the Regional Sales Manager.
- The Business Developer is primarily charged with the achievement of both individual and team sales targets.
- Supervision of all Sales developers, merchandisers and sales promoters in the assigned region.
- Generation of accurate reports and forecasts to facilitate sound decision making by management.
- Management of all the distributors, directly served customers, key accounts, and the general trade to ensure that they hold adequate stocks
- Follow up on all purchases and liaise with dispatch department to ensure all orders have been delivered.
- Credit management to ensure that payments are received when due and that credit terms are adhered to.
- Oversee all promotional activities within the assigned region
- Monitor merchandising activities to ensure that standards are met in all outlets
- Act as primary liaison between customers and the organization; provide feedback and solutions to customer complaints
- Provide market intelligence by monitoring competitor activities within the region; develop proactive strategies to counter these activities.
- Manage outlet stock rotation to eliminate incidences of product expiry.
- Enhance visibility by proper management of POS material placement
- Consistently improve on distribution by recruitment of new customers and development of new markets.
- Motivation, development and training of supervised employees
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor (RSM) from time to time.
- At least 5 years progressive sales experience in a busy FMCG company; 2 of which must have been in a supervisory level or higher.
Skills and Certification:
The ideal candidate should have:
- Sales & Marketing related education background with at least a diploma qualification (bachelor’s degree preferred)
- Professional Marketing certification in a distinct advantage
- Highly developed organization and multitasking skills
- Results oriented with strong business acumen and demonstrates a high degree of articulation
- Good inter-personal skills
- Ability to act rapidly and logically under pressure, and make effective use of others in resolving problems.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
Interested candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their CV to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ indicating the job title “Area Business Developer and the preferred Location” on the subject line by 6th March 2017.