Sales and Partnership Lead for Blankets and Wine
Blankets & Wine is Hiring!
The music festival that we all have come to love is looking for a Sales & Partnerships Lead.
Do you know how to create win-win relationships and design products to meet customers needs?
Do you find thrill in driving revenue growth?
We are hiring a Sales and Partnerships Lead! About Us
Good Times Africa is the leader in branded live entertainment in East Africa.
We connect artists, brands and fans through music.
Since 2008 we have produced over 58 festivals and our work is exciting, challenging, and enjoyable. Over the next few years we plan to grow our reach and impact through music and festivals across Africa.
We produce and promote events starring some of the most progressive, iconic, famous and popular entertainment personalities under five core brands, namely Blankets & Wine, Africa Dance Party, Africa Nouveau, Prep and Live in Concert.
We are based in Nairobi, with an established franchise in Uganda, and are expanding across Africa in 2017/18 (starting with Kigali in July).
About the role
As the Sales and Partnerships Lead, you will drive business and revenue growth though developing and implementing creative B2B sales approaches and building strategic partnerships.
You will also contribute to the development and evolution of our products through market intelligence and feedback to our existing products.
Your responsibilities will include
- Drive lead generation though extensive market research, effectively qualify leads and maintain an active pipeline of potential business opportunities.
- Drive sales meetings (bringing onboard other team members) conduct client needs analysis and close business in a timely fashion.
- Prepare and deliver sales proposals/presentations and follow up with key decision makers.
- Ensure contracts are properly recorded in alignment with company policies
- Develop dynamic sales tools for current and new marketing partners by incorporating research, category dynamics, and a clear understanding of partner’s marketing goals
- Liaise with finance team on monthly basis and oversee monthly revenue
- Identify and cultivate a wide range of partnerships to maximize corporate contributed income for the entire enterprise
- Research and tap into bodies supporting the art scene, including NGOs, embassies, funders and grant makers
- Foster existing corporate partner relationships to ensure satisfaction, retention and growth.
- Proactively network, approach and build positive long term relationships with key decision makers for future collaboration opportunities
- Lead negotiations, draft contracts and close deals with potential partners as per our company policies
- Manage fantastic relationships with our partners, gather feedback and learning for further partnership models and ongoing improvement of our work.
- Think creatively around packaging our key strengths, our events, artist network and content to create opportunities, open markets and reach new customers.
- Collaborate with other departments applying research to support new product/experience offerings with a view to growing revenue models
- Constantly and proactively gather feedback and compile insights from our target consumers and partners and strategically feed this into our sales approach and product development cycle.
Who we are looking for
- You are passionate about the African Art and Culture scene and see its potential in developing economies and societies
- You are a natural in creating and developing sustainable relationships with diverse stakeholders
- You have at least 3 years of extensive experience in B2B sales and you have strong networks to tap into
- You have 3-5 years experience building and managing corporate relationships
- You have a deep and wide understanding of the changing lifestyle in East Africa
- You have a track record of driving high volumes of revenue
- You have the ability to multitask in ambiguous environments and can deliver results while working independently
- You have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in field
- You love connecting people with ideas
- You have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- You have a good understanding of revenue accounting and reporting
- Past experience in fundraising and grant applications management is an added advantage
- You easily navigate IT tools such as MS office, Google drive etc
You have the cultural fit to work with Good Times Africa
- You love music
- You are smart, and highly self driven in driving your own learning and growth
- Multi-tasking and thinking outside-the-box are your natural traits
- You value integrity and honest work ethics
- You are excited about working in multicultural team environments
- Positivity and enthusiasm are your trademark
- You love to sell and and closing the deal is your thrill.
Why work with us?
- We give you an opportunity to drive your own growth and development
- Join a young and dynamic team
- The sleepless nights and the festival thrill
- Be part of our story of impacting Africa through music
This opportunity is based in Nairobi.
You will report to the CEO.
We will arrange a 6-month probation period with performance and learning goals.
Want to apply?
- First, read this guide on how to submit your application and tips on our selection process: http://bit.ly/CandidatesGuide
- Fill out the application form under this link http://bit.ly/JoinusGTA
- Send your CV in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Good Times Africa Partnerships”
- Deadline for this application is 14th March 2017. If the role is not filled by then, we will still accept and review applications on a rolling basis.
Not for you?
Please forward the role to your networks who may find it interesting!
Selection process in collaboration with