Job Title: Business Analyst at Lendable
Are you a project management guru who is motivated by seeing the successful completion of a project?
Are you passionate about building financial models?
Are you energized by building and nurturing client relationships? Look no further.
Lendable needs a Business Analyst to manage the due diligence process from beginning to end and maintain relationships with the debt originators.
This role will help increase Lendable’s capacity and enable them to support more debt originators.
The Business Analyst role offers international exposure in investments across emerging markets.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to build strong networks in the industry, and learn from an experienced global team ready to share their expertise.
Lendable prioritizes career progression – this role will expand as the candidate’s ability grows.
Lendable is a financial technology startup that connects local debt generators to foreign investors. They are a team of finance experts, data scientists, and technologists who make receivable financing easier in developing markets.
Build trust and rapport across a range of targeted audiences
- Work with potential originators to help them complete the pre-approval form and present back to them the initial price estimate
- Assist in completion of investor teaser and offering memorandum for new originators and existing originators, with whom Lendable wishes to do repeat funding
- Engage and build trust with audiences ranging from internal team members to CEOs of debt originators; must be able to communicate powerfully through different mediums
- Understand their debt originators’ organizations and accurately communicate their unique needs and status to the internal team
- Build a positive relationship with debt originators and communicate data needs or discrepancies, have the client understand any issue arising and motivate them to resolve it
- Work as part of the Lendable Labs team providing data analytics and credit services to originator partners
- Act as Project Manager during the verification process with new originators that are assigned to you; manage receipt of all deliverables during the process and interpretation of that information
- Manage the subsequent, abridged, verification process for repeat transactions with existing originators
- Manage the funding process from beginning to end, ensuring adherence to timelines and managing changes as they come up
- Manage the flow of data between Lendable and the debt originators.
Financial Analysis and Modeling
- Complete initial solvency model for all transactions and assist Lendable’s deal team on refining of solvency and deal models
- Responsible for certain aspects of monitoring of originator’s portfolio during the funding period
- Responsible for analyzing data provided by debt originators to determine whether they should receive funding based on financial models
Does this sound like you?
- 3+ years as a Financial Analyst or Associate at an East African financial services institution, particularly with experience in credit analysis for lending
- Experience interacting with clients and managing information transfer
- Proactive in identifying key issues that may be of concern while undertaking analysis
- Experience in producing simple and understandable analytical products.
- Experience in working with a wide cross section of team members on collaborative efforts
- Comfort with financial analytics, accounting and Microsoft Excel
Nice to have
- Accredited accountant
- Experience doing due diligence on microfinance or banking institutions
- Education in financial modeling or accounting
- Experience in working on a diligence process for private equity
- Relentlessly open communicator
- Unquestioned honesty and integrity
- A constant drive to learn
- Organized and detail oriented
- Enjoys tackling tough, large problems
- The ability to laugh under stress
Follow this link to apply: https://www.shortlist.net/portal/#/jobdetails/Lendable/186?source=19