Business Development Executive – Ecommerce
Location: Nairobi (with frequent travel to Kisumu)
Salary: 40k + quarterly bonuses
Our client is a healthcare technology start-up company based in Kisumu that has developed a mobile tablet based application to help low income pharmacies manage their stock.
They seek to hire an experienced Business Development Executive preferably in the Pharmaceutical Industry to reach out to the major pharmaceutical companies and distributors to use the App and connect to the many pharmacies already registered on the App.
- Negotiating and signing a series of Memorandum of Understanding agreements with pharmaceutical distributors to supply medication to low income pharmacies via the company’s system.
- Building an understanding of the motivations and incentives at all levels of the pharmaceutical supply chain to influence stakeholder behaviours
- Using client feedback to inform the structure and development of the pharmaceutical data generated by the system that will eventually become the core product for the company to sell to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Developing relationships with the major pharmaceutical companies in the sub-Saharan African region to eventually purchase the data generated by the company’s system.
- Building our market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- Must have extensive experience working in the pharmaceutical industry, experience working with large multinational pharmaceutical companies is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan pharmaceutical industry, especially contacts within the major pharmaceutical distributors and manufacturers is essential.
- Existing contacts in the major pharmaceutical manufacturing companies across the region and an existing address book of regional contacts in Dubai and South Africa is preferred.
- Applicant must have experience with analytics and data on pharmaceutical and health commodity consumption.
- Ideally this will be from both a technical sales and analyst perspective.
- A strong academic record is not essential but a degree in either pharmacy or a biological or medical science is preferred.
- Strong written English as well as advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills is an essential pre-requisite.
- Should have sales experience in closing sales, motivation for sales, sales planning, selling to customer needs, presentation skills, a high energy level, meeting sales goals and a high degree of professionalism
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Business Development Executive – Ecommerce) to email@example.com on or before 1st March 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted