The Kenya Institute of Management is the hub of management and leadership excellence providing the highest quality professional and institutional development programs for greater growth and expanded opportunities. Our mission is to steer and champion excellence, integrity and competitiveness in individuals and organizations throughout Africa and beyond.
The Institute hereby seeks to recruit results-oriented and self-driven experienced professionals to join our team in Training & Consultancy as:
Business Development Officers (2)
Purpose of the job
Reporting to the Head of Training & Consultancy, the Business Development Officers will be responsible for the development and implementation of sales strategies for the division to attract new clients and maintain the existing ones.
The successful candidates will play a key role in increasing income and revenue by managing, negotiating and meeting client’s needs, generating leads and qualifying prospects in the areas of open trainings, in-house trainings at client’s premises and general consultancies.
- Market and sell open training, consultancies and in house trainings for the Training & Consultancy department.
- Collect payment from client and attain a debt free client list.
- Initiate client/prospect meetings for new sales opportunities
- Interface with existing strategic customers to solidify mutual expectations of performance and growth.
- Enhance relationship management for new and existing business to maintain and grow the customer base.
- Understand the customers’ needs, making presentations to promote new trainings and consultancy assignments and special deals.
- Carry out market intelligence and giving constant feedback to the business on trends in the market.
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or business related field.
- Professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of working experience.
- Experience in Fund raising and partnership management
- Work experience in marketing, especially B2B service marketing
- Proven sales experience.
- Track record of meeting targets.
- Familiarity with different sales techniques.
- Industry knowledge
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Self – motivated and driven.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to build and maintain client relationship.
- Strategic insight
The pay for this position is commission based
How to apply
If you meet the above requirements/ qualifications and are interested in an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment that embraces mutual respect and support, then we would like to hear from you.
Kindly forward your application accompanied by a detailed resume, email address, day time telephone contact, name and address of three referees.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Close of Business 3rd March, 2017.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. KIM is an equal opportunity employer.