Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: IT Analyst
Reports to: IT Officer
Job Purpose: To support IT services and business for all information requirements
Break Fix and Carry out upgrades of IT equipment
- Support in ensuring effective functioning of the company hardware and software packages
- Performance of routine technical tasks, including changing of hardware electronic, Components (disks, memories, network wiring, power sources, etc.).
- Monitoring and resolution of issues to ensure hardware, software and network infrastructure performance is optimal
- Supports development and/or implementation of new and existing IT systems
- Setting up of new equipment and connecting to the network
- Installation of commercial and in-house developed software and related upgrades in line with company policies
- Installation and upgrade of security tools including anti-virus software
- Assistance in backup and restoration procedures for local drives.
- Support to users in backing up and restoring their files,
- Maintenance of backup logs and storage of backups.
- Access control
- Networks administration
- Asset Management
Maintenance of an up to date inventory of software and hardware, library of ICT related reference materials and inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts
Business Operations support
Support for Business Operations and Collaboration
- Provision of IT support to key events inside and outside the office.
- Provision of IT support to videoconferences and online webcasting.
Reports and Administrative Duties
- Preparation of routine correspondence, faxes, memoranda and reports in accordance with Company’s SOP.
- Extracting, inputting, copying and filing data from various sources.
- Decision Making: Accounts decision together with the IT Officer
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for all the data and items in the weighbridge.
- Responsibility over staff: None
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Minimum of C grade at O Level
- Diploma or certificate in IT
- Office Application
- Knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows
- Desirable Corporate IT security and Virus protection systems,
- Knowledge of web applications
- Network administration
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- Working experience of not less than One (1) year preferably in a IT Department of a manufacturing company.
- Ability meet deadlines
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Team player and good at time management and organisational skills
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email email@example.com
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer