Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: Boiler Operator
Reports to: Team Leader, Production
Job Purpose: To supervise all boiler activities to ensure operation as per set operating procedures and steam is generated efficiently at the correct pressure for production of high quality tea.
Supervise staff on duty in boiler operations ensuring the right number of labour to operate the boiler is always available and that the boiler is operating well for production of required steam to process quality tea.
Control usage of fuel wood and maintain required records
Supervises: General workers and casuals working in the boiler section.
- Operating the steam system equipment as per approved procedures.
- Reporting malfunction of boilers.
- Carrying out boiler water treatment as per necessary.
- Carrying out planned preventive maintenance for the boilers as per procedures.
- Ensuring that the boilers are safe for use at all times.
- Recording and keeping boiler operations and maintenance data.
- Ensuring that the factory maximizes on the use of firewood boiler.
- Observing and complying with environmental, health and safety measures and regulations.
- Decision Making: Determining the labour required for operating the boiler and the amount of firewood required.
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for all the assets and data in the boiler section
- Responsibility over staff: All boiler casuals and staff
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Professional Qualifications
- KCSE grade C plain.
- Certificate in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Desirable: Certificate in boiler operation
Relevant Experience and Key Skills:
- Relevant working experience of not less three (3) years in boiler.
- Computer literacy.
- Team player.
- Ability to complete assigned task with set deadline
- Supervisory skill
- High integrity
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email email@example.com
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer