Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: Customer Service Officer
Reports to: Support Services Manager
Job Purpose: Builds business by maintaining relationships with clients.
Supervises: Customer care staff
- Deal directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face to face
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer complaints
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle product and service inquiries
- Provide pricing and delivery information
- Perform customer verifications
- Set up new customer accounts
- Process orders, forms, applications and requests
- Organize workflow to meet customer timeframes
- Direct requests and unresolved issues to the designated resource
- Manage customers’ accounts
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Record details of actions taken
- Prepare and distribute customer activity reports
- Maintain customer databases
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- Provide feedback on the efficiency of the customer service process
- Disseminate information on policy changes and tea production to the existing and potential buyers all over the world.
- Facilitate regular certification of the company teas as demanded by the international standard organization (ISO) and the tea trade.
- Decision Making: In liaison with the Factory manager make decisions on different marketing issues of the company.
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for any company asset under custody.
- Responsibility over staff: Customer services staff
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in business administration/ sales & marketing from a recognized institution
- knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- knowledge of relevant computer applications
- ability to type
- knowledge of administrative procedures
- numeric, oral and written language applications
- product knowledge
Desirable Experience: carrying out market survey for tea products.
Relevant Experience and Key Skills: At least two (2) year’s experience in sales and marketing.
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Client Relationships
- Good negotiation skills and creative.
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills – verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Data collection and ordering
- Customer service orientation
- Stress tolerance
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer