Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: Factory Manager
Reports to: Director
Supervises: Team leaders, Production, Support Services
Job Purpose: To manage all factory operations
Management Responsibility: Member of the Factory Management Committee
- Making sure that the tea is produced on time and is of high quality.
- Plan daily, weekly and monthly production schedules and oversee the execution by factory staff
- Oversee all materials movement; from raw material purchases though the operations processes and up to finished goods storage and shipment
- Coordinate, set up and implement standard operating procedure for all production operation.
- Financial management and control; Ensure laid down policies and procedures for accounting, payment, purchasing, selling of tea, are adhered to.
- Estimating, negotiating and agreeing budgets and timescales with clients and other line managers.
- Logistics; organize and ensure cost-effective and timely delivery of all materials and payments for suppliers and from customers
- Human resource: recruiting suitable qualified staff and development to build a strong team and manage labor costs with support from the HR officer.
- Oversee proper implementation of HR function to maintain zero staff unrest, comply with NEMA regulations, ensure zero workplace accidents, fire incidents and ensure staff training as necessary
Management and Administration
- Monitoring standard of tea produced and implementing quality control programs
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practices.
- Maintain records and compliance with local government bodies (NEMA, KEBS, etc) to ensure company is always in good operating standard
Environment and Safety
- Ensuring that health and safety guidelines are followed.
- Decision Making: Makes production decisions with the Factory Management Committee
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for ensuring efficiency of factory and quality of products developed
- Responsibility over staff: All factory staff
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Management or a Business related course preferred
- Or B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical, Agricultural or Production Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized University.
- Desirable: Specialised training and experience in tea manufacturing factory
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- Should have at least 5-year experience in tea factory and field operations.
- Good administrative capability of monitoring and supervising tea production
- Strong with numbers and comfort with technology
- Excellent Communication skills- Writing and Verbal
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer