Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: Field Extension Officer
Reports to: Leaf base Manager
Supervises: Green leaf clerks and Nursery Staff
Job Purpose: Good plant husbandry and ensuring adequate supply of quality green leaf to the factory.
- Guiding farmers in planting quality tea plants;
- Recruiting out-growers/farmers to plant tea and farmers to supply green leaf to Chebango Tea Factory;
- Carrying out verification of level of preparation of new growers/tea farms;
- Training farmers on effective management of the established nurseries and tea farms;
- Co-ordination between the company and the out growers (farmers);
- Co-ordination of activities with Tea Board of Kenya (TBK), Kenya Tea Research Foundation (TRFK) and other stakeholders;
- Issuing of fertilizers to farmers as by the number of verified bushes and training farmers on the application of fertilizer at their individual farms;
- Liaising with other authorities in solving problems concerning tea growing;
- Carrying out verification of new growers and transfer cases;
- Conducting field visits and teaching out grower about plucking quality leaves and carrying out census of plant population;
- Addressing farmers issues such as complaints, new ideas e.g. and report to the green leaf manager.
- Coordinating with accounts department.
- Participating in communicating the company’s policies to farmers as and when required.
- All other duties as directed by the top management of the organization
- Decision Making: Advices the Factory Management Committee on the quality of tea leaves to be used for production.
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for all field data and assets.
- Responsibility over staff: Green leaf clerks staff and Nursery Staff
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Diploma in Agriculture/ Extension Services from a recognized institution;
- Desirable: Knowledge of Quality & Food Safety Management systems will be an added advantage
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- At least three (3) years experience in tea extension and/or other agronomic practices.
- Computer literacy
- Clean driving license classes F and G
- Good administrative capability.
- Team player.
- Ability to complete assigned task with set deadlines
- Good communications skills
- Negotiation Skills
- High integrity
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer