Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: Finance Manager / Accountant
Reports to: Factory Manager
Job Purpose: Financial planning and help in decision making processes to ensure that businesses are financially successful and provides general support to the finance department maintain records of assets, liabilities, profits and loss, and tax liabilities
- Collating, preparing and interpreting reports, budgets, accounts, commentaries and financial statements
- Undertaking strategic analysis and assisting with strategic planning producing long-term business plans
- Undertaking research into pricing, competitors and factors affecting performance
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure managing budgets
- Developing and managing financial systems/models (ERP master files, Internal controls, transactions)
- Carrying out business modelling and risk assessments (Perform cost benefit analysis)
- Preparing accounts and returns to statutory bodies (NHIF/PAYE/NSSF/VAT/EPZ etc)
- Administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Auditing financial information (Oversight on the collection of all receipts, filing, and processing)
- Compiling and presenting reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements (Monthly reconciliations of accounts)
- Analysing accounts and business plans
- Liaising with managerial staff and managing staff, workloads and deadlines.
- Manage inventory (supplies)
- Managing debtors and creditors
- Decision Making: Accounts decision together with the finance manager
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for ensuring all account issues in the company are accurate and compliant to the set accounting policies.
- Responsibility over staff: Accounts clerks
Minimum Required Qualifications
- A first degree in Finance, Accounting, or Commerce from a reputable university and CPA K
- Proficiency in Microsoft and accounting packages.
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- Working experience of not less than two (3) years preferably in a tea industry.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email email@example.com
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer