Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: Weighbridge Clerk
Reports to: Team Leader, Leaf Reception
Job Purpose: To accurately weigh and record all materials received into the factory and all dispatches out of the factory and ensure compliance with the set weight tolerances, internal controls and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all trucks in and out of the Factory are weighed appropriately and report any exceptions to your supervisor immediately.
- Ensure that the trucks are properly positioned on the weighbridge then receive the loading/delivery documents from the driver in order to verify that they match the physical vehicle on the weighbridge.
- Retrieve the trucks details in system and take the first weight. On the inbound process, check first that the weight is optimal (compliance with set weight); if the truck is overloaded reject it by denying it entry into the Factory and informing the security officer so that they can ensure that the truck exits.
- Issue the loading document to the driver on the outbound process and release the vehicle for loading/off-loading.
- Following trucks loading and proper positioning on the weighbridge, take the second weight if it is within the set tolerance limit. If the truck is under /overweight, print the rejection slip with the reason indicated, Record the case in the exception case report.
- Following vehicle off-loading and proper positioning on the weighbridge confirm the truck has off-loaded all the material. If for some reason, the truck hasn’t off-loaded everything, acknowledge the transaction in the system as a part receipt and take the weight. If the truck has off-loaded all the material, acknowledge the transaction in the system as a full receipt and take the weight.
- Following second weight, the weighbridge ticket and delivery note/goods issue note will be printed. Issue the relevant copies of the documents to the driver and retain the rest for eventual forward to customer service center/production clerk and own filing.
- Prepare daily weighbridge reports and treat all documents/information as confidential
- Check proper function of the weighbridge, communication and computer equipment and timely replacement of printer cartridges and printing paper to avoid any trucks delays.
- Ensure proper housekeeping around the weighbridge and especially the gaps between the weighing platform and the foundation for accurate weighing.
- Ensure that any exceptions are brought to the attention of the management as necessary in order to protect the company’s interest
- Decision Making: Accounts decision together with the finance manager
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for all the data and items in the weighbridge.
- Responsibility over staff: None
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Diploma or certificate in Logistics/Supplies
- Computer literacy skills i.e. Excel, MS office
Relevant Experience and Key Skills: Working experience of not less than One (1) year preferably in a tea industry.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- High levels of integrity and honesty
- Team player and good at time management and organisational skills
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email email@example.com
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer