Chebango EPZ Tea Company situated in Bomet County is one of the leading tea manufacturers in Kenya.
We invite suitably qualified individuals to apply to join our team that is growing due to expansion of our operations.
Job Title: Wood Fuel Officer
Reports to: Leaf Base Manager
Job Purpose: To oversee all the activities in wood fuel department.
Supervises: General workers and casuals working in the wood fuel section.
- Plan for Wood Fuel requirement
- Ensuring the factory has adequate supply of wood fuel throughout the year.
- Identifying various sources of wood fuel.
- Ensure replanting of cut down trees as well as promote tree planting within the factory catchment area.
- Advise management on appropriate species of wood fuel to purchase.
- Develop and always update wood fuel policies and procedures.
- Ensure that wood purchased is stacked in the wood fuel shades in an appropriate manner ensuring that it does not endanger anyone by falling.
- Recording and keeping wood fuel operations and maintenance data.
- Developing budget for the wood fuel department.
- Observing and complying with environmental, health and safety measures and regulations.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by management.
- Decision Making: Determining the amount of wood fuel required to crush green leave, as well as labour required to carry out various task in the wood fuel section.
- Responsibility over data or information and assets: Responsible for all the assets and data in the wood fuel section.
- Responsibility over staff: All wood fuel casual and general workers staff.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- KCSE grade C plain.
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering (Production Option)
- Desirable Certificate in boiler operation
Relevant Experience and Key Skills
- Relevant working experience of not less three (3) years in boiler or wood fuel.
- Computer literacy
- Team player.
- Work within set deadlines
Performance Standards: As per Key Performance Indicators (KPI) detailed in the employee’s annual work plan.
How to Apply
Individuals interested in this positions who meet the requirements are invited to apply through our portal HERE which is our primary mode of receiving applications.
Only selected candidates will be contacted.
For any clarification or enquiries, please email email@example.com
The deadline for applications for these positions is 10th March, 2017.
Chebango is an equal opportunity employer