Duma works is recruiting a Chef for one of our clients; a leading provider of quality affordable food at your doorstep.
Reporting To: Kitchen Manager
Job Scope/Summary: The person will be responsible for running the whole kitchen with minimum supervision from the kitchen manager. He/She should have a passion for cooking, a super creative mind and be fun!
- These include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage daily operations in the kitchen.
- Develop new menu items Bi-Weekly, costing recipes and portion control.
- Maintain and help raise the profit margins on food.
- Manage Inventory and liaise with suppliers for food ingredients.
- Make sure goods are received in an efficient and timely manner by using the POS back office system.
- Prepare a monthly budget for the kitchen.
- Training and developing staff by working out a training Rota.
- Making sure appropriate safety and hygiene standards are upheld in the kitchen.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures in the kitchen are followed by all the kitchen staff.
- Excellent cooking skills.
- An understanding of produce and ingredients.
- Ability to cost and develop recipes.
- Know how to use a Point of Sale back office system and the ability to use the system to track inventory and receive good etc.
- Creative enough to develop and play around with recipes without supervision.
- Should have at least 4 years of culinary experience.
- Have a degree/diploma in a relevant field of study
Send a Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2698”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2698 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 2nd March 2017
You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.