Job Vacancy: Results and Performance Manager
The Deepening Democracy Programme (DDP) exists to support more inclusive and accountable governance in Kenya, contributing to Kenya’s Vision 2030.
The expected outcome is a credible electoral process and improved accountability in the management of public goods and services.
Role Description: The Results and Performance Manager (R&P Manager) will lead the development and delivery of the Results, Performance Management and Learning function at the overall programme and grant intervention level with the general supervision of the Team Leader and support from the programme partners.
Reporting regularly to the Team Leader, the R&P Manager will be responsible for, but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Development of Programme and intervention Theories of Change (ToCs), programme logframe and overall M&E framework:
- Monitoring and reporting against programme results framework, including tracking results against output and outcome indicators and value for money (VfM):
- Conducting a monitoring and evaluation needs assessment for selected grantees:
- Developing and, with the team’s support, implementing a capacity-building plan for selected grantees;
- Supporting other Officers under the monitoring, evaluation and integrated learning function in the day to day monitoring of grantee performance against result frameworks:
- Assisting grantees and partners in utilizing data collection tools, providing technical assistance in the analysis of data collected, and assisting in grantee reporting on M&E results:
- Addressing any grantees performance issues and initiate required remedial action:
- Developing and overseeing the implementation of a performance management strategy:
- Arranging for and conducting regular field monitoring visits / checks, organising and facilitating training / workshops for grantees;
- Developing a VfM approach and integrating it into the overall M&E framework;
- With partners support, developing a budgeted evaluation strategy for the programme and designing ToRs for two external evaluations to assess the overall effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and relevance of the programme.
- In close collaboration with the rest of the senior management team aggregating and compiling grantee reports to be integrated in quarterly, bi-annual and Annual Review reports to DFID.
- With partners support developing Knowledge Management strategy/mechanisms, which should include analysis of successes and failures, thematic lesson learnt papers, human interest stones and any other products that will inform decision-making for performance management, adaptation and wider learning.
- Coordinating the inputs of the programme partners:
- Directly supervising M&E staff and supporting Grants Managers with any M&E activities.
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the Team Leader or Project Director.