Our client in Dairy industry is seeking to recruit is seeking to recruit a Plant Engineer to lead their technical team.
Reports to: Plant Manager
Job Purpose: To manage the maintenance of plant and equipments, to significantly improve plant performance and reliability through the management and coordination of all maintenance and engineering activities within a large scale, complex, defined area.
To define, implement and manage a risk based maintenance strategy for area of control in order to meet the business, safety, environmental, financial and operations objectives at minimum cost and in the safest manner.
- Manage, coordinate and control all aspects of engineering in order to meet agreed departmental objectives
- Develop the maintenance strategy for a defined area in conjunction with the site engineer
- Manage and control the maintenance strategy on a day to day basis, including routine, special and stop period maintenance and to develop and implement capital activities
- Ensure control of hazards, health & safety and environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
- Identify areas for engineering and financial improvement and enable their inception whilst maintaining an appropriate level of availability and reliability of equipment
- Ensure the safe and effective introduction of new equipment, capital expenditure and process improvement technologies.
- Determine training requirements and prepare training plans
- Prepare and manage engineering budgets, forecasts and plans
- Undertake any other reasonable task as required (competence permitting)
Context: The position to manage the engineering activities ensuring optimum outputs are achieved in the most economic and safe manner whilst underpinning the integrity and infrastructure of the department.
Knowledge and experience
The job holder:-
- Bachelor’s degree with ideally a minimum of 12 years’ experience in process, technical or Engineering discipline. 6 years must have been in a managerial role.
- Must have worked in dairy or beverages industry
- Requires an expert understanding of maintenance and engineering processes and strategies
- Requires knowledge and understanding of OSHA and the requirements of a top tier site
- Must demonstrate previous success in introducing risk based maintenance techniques into industrial / manufacturing organizations
- Must be familiar with computerized maintenance management systems and working knowledge of SAP ERP would be an added advantage
- Professionally chartered engineer, with significant experience in risk based maintenance engineering and people management.
- Must be fully conversant (advanced skill level) with MS Office Suite of Applications
- Direct a team of engineers, inspectors, supervisors and craftsmen
- Plant specific aspects include, heavy mechanical, bottling and electrical equipment, instruments, chemical plant materials handling and contract services
If qualified, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title “Plant Engineer Manager” on the subject line by 22nd February 2016.