Deutsche Stiftung Weltbevölkerung (DSW) is an international development organisation that focuses on the needs and potential of the largest youth generation in history.
We are committed to creating demand for and access to health information, services and supplies, and to securing their right for a brighter future.
We achieve this by engaging in advocacy, capacity development, and family planning initiatives, which make sure the youth of today are empowered to lead healthy and self-determined lives.
With our headquarters in Hannover, Germany, DSW maintains four country offices in Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, as well as liaison offices in Berlin and Brussels.
DSW seeks to recruit a Social Services Officer to support implementation of Orphan and Vulnerable Children (OVC) interventions in Kilifi county.
This is a full time position based in Kaloleni – Kilifi county.
The incumbent will support household-level initiatives to improve the protection of OVCs, and will work closely with community volunteers in delivering essential OVC services as per the standard guidelines.
This position is open to Kenyan nationals only.
Areas of Responsibility
Under direct supervision of the Field Officer – Health and Social Services, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate planning and reporting among community volunteers
- Support in profiling and enrolment of households into the project
- Maintain a database of project beneficiaries
- Supervise and oversee household visits
- Coordinate follow ups to ensure effective referrals
- Documenting project data, monitoring, compiling and submitting timely reports
- Mentor volunteers and conduct review sessions
- Perform project budget tracking
- Participate and represent the project in the relevant technical working groups and committees
- Support in identifying potential areas of growth for program development
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with communities and local partners
- Make follow-up activities with Community Mentor Mothers (CMM) and Community Health Volunteers to ensure OVCs and care givers access comprehensive services
- Diploma in Social/Behavioral Sciences, Community Development or related field from an accredited institution.
- At least 2 years’ experience in OVC, particularly in the area of child protection, education and health
- Excellent command of English and Swahili languages (written and oral)
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and writing skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong IT skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, with practical experience in the use of electronic communications including email, internet, etc)
- Ability to work and deliver results under minimum supervision.
- Experience in economic strengthening will be an added advantage
- High level of integrity and honesty
- Compassionate, and respectful of all people
- Keen eye for detail
If interested, please send your application (CV and motivation letter stating your salary expectations) with the reference “Social Services Officer” clearly indicated in the email subject line to: email@example.com
Deadline for application: February 28th, 2017
Ideal start date: Immediate
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
DSW is an equal opportunity employer and does not require applicants to pay money at any stage during the recruitment process.
For more information, please see www.dsw.org