Job Title: Data Entry Clerk
Job level: 1
Reports to: Data Officer
Job Purpose: The Data Entry Clerk is a member of the program data management (PDM) sub-team on the larger Monitoring, Learning and Information system (MLIS) team, and assists the Senior Associate-Program data management in ensuring that monitoring, planning, tracking and attendance forms filled by the implementation stakeholders are processed at Evidence Action’s data center in Kisumu.
Duties and Responsibilities
Support in Data entry
- Accurately enter all DTW program data collected using CSpro, Epi-data or ODK emulator
- Prepare DtW forms to resolve missing data and inconsistencies
- Ensure that all the submitted data is entered as required.
- Track all the data entered by completing a data entry log
- Ensure that all the forms entered for the day are filed appropriately
- Ensure that the daily data entry deadlines are met as expected
- Review error reports and enter corrections
- File or organize source documents after entry
- Respond to inquiries regarding data entered
Key performance Indicators
- Successful completion of Data Entry of NSBDP as well as other paper data.
- A minimum of a diploma in Information Technology or any other relevant field.
- At least 6 months full time data entry experience in a research set up.
- Typing speeds of between 50 – 80 wpm
- Typing accuracy of at least 90%
- High level of integrity and stewardship
- Embraces team work and aspires and supports the ideals of working in a team environment as a team champion
- Self-driven and highly motivated to deliver results within tight deadlines.
- Basic computer skills and comfort to advance the skills in a dynamic IT field.
- Positive attitude to work and flexible to work during late hours and weekends
- Able to report to work within a short notice period
- Previous experience working with Evidence Action_ data entry and transcription will be an added advantage
In addition, this position requires a candidate to:
- Have a strong commitment to evidence-based practice and policy in the development field
- Be enthusiastic to develop personally and professionally as part of a growing global team
- Possess a strong attention to detail and a genuine love of working with data.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE to apply online