Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
Vacancy Announcement No: FAO/01/2017
Issued on: 2nd Feb 2017
Deadline for Application: 15th February 2017
Position Title: Project Assistant
Grade Level: SC3
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duty Station: Nairobi
Organizational Unit: FAO-Somalia
Duration: 3 Months
Eligible Candidates: Kenyan Nationals Only
Anticipated Start Date: Immediately
General description of tasks and objectives to be achieved
Under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and the Coordinator for Cash Based Interventions, the Programme Assistant is responsible for providing support to Cash Based Interventions programmes and projects in Somalia.
S/he will liaise with programme and project teams to ensure that thematic, programme and project implementation is carried out in line with FAO’s corporate goals and strategic focus, as well as with FAO-Somalia’s internally agreed quality standards.
Key Performance Indicators
- A relevant degree Project Management or related science
- At least five years of experience in Project M&E, monitoring methods, data processing and analysis.
- Significant Project experience especially on Cash based Interventions including Cash for Work and Cash relief, in Somalia is desirable
- Working knowledge (level C) of the FAO official language used for communication within the country (English, French or Spanish) and working knowledge of the local language(s) is required. Knowledge of Somali language is preferred.
- Ability to effectively use standard office software, such as MS Office (Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel, Exchange) etc.
- Ability to use accounting software and other information systems and databases to insert data, make enquiries, retrieve/define ad hoc reports and analyses and edit results in appropriate format.
Office Management Skills:
- Systematic, well structured and efficient approach to work assignments. Analytical ability, accuracy and consistency.
- Exercise diligence and care in dealing with records and expenditures.
Interpersonal Communications and Teamwork Skills:
The incumbent must possess a cooperative spirit, flexibility and openness to work in an international environment.
Tact and courtesy.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural background.
Send your application to:
Candidates are requested to submit a covering letter quoting the Position Title and Vacancy Announcement No. FAO/01/2017 along with their current/detailed Curriculum Vitae and FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) available http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment-access/en/.
E-mail is the preferred means of receipt and the application should be sent to HR-Somalia@fao.org
Applications must be received by the deadline.
Late applications will not be considered.
Only short listed candidates meeting all essential qualifications will be contacted.