FIDA Kenya seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:-
Senior Legal Counsel
To be based in Nairobi Office
- Provide legal advice to FIDA Kenya clients.
- Provide legal representation to FIDA Kenya Clients.
- Prepare pleadings and legal briefs.
- Prepare case strategies in consultation with the team leader.
- Make interventions and petitions on behalf of the public in gender related issues including Public Interest Litigation (PIL)
- Link with strategic partners including NGOs, Government departments and relevant bodies
- Support clients to access justice through Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) and other informal justice systems
- Training clients on self-representation
- Preparation of programme /activity plans and reports
Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate should atleast posses the following qualifications and attributes:-
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized University
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with FIVE (5) years post admission experience
- Must possess a valid practising certificate
- Should have knowledge of program planning, designing, monitoring & evaluation
- Must posses strong writing skills, proficiency in computers, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Litigation, Gender & Women’s rights Issues
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send their applications along with updated Curriculum Vitae including 3 references, one of whom must be a previous supervisor.
The candidate MUST indicate expected salary and a daytime contact.
Applications are to be sent to email@example.com addressed to the Executive Director on or before Tuesday, 28th February at 5.00 pm.
Only email applications will be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Those who had applied previously need not apply again.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
The Executive Director
Amboseli Road, off Gitanga Road, Lavington.
P.O. Box 46324-00100