Vacancy: Finance & Administration Manager
Background: We seek to recruit an experienced, competent and self-motivated individual to fill the above position for a leading water treatment and appliances provider.
Job Purpose: Efficient running of the company’s office operations, the effective control of its financial and human resources, and of the technical, IT and administrative systems, in order to contribute to the delivery of the company’s overall commercial objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Company’s financial affairs, including management and statutory accounts together with longer-term financial projections and to ensure that the most efficient and effective financial control systems and reporting mechanisms are in place.
- Prepare and present all financial reports required at the Group level including daily reports, weekly report, monthly reports, quarterly management accounts and projections and other relevant reports, in consultation with the Executive Director and other departments, for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Prepare the year-end financial accounts for audit and to liaise with the Auditors prior to sign-off.
- Supervise the production of regular salary payments and records, National Insurance and pension contributions in accordance with labor laws requirements.
- Oversee all Tax matters looking at efficient ways of reducing tax liability and keeping abreast of current legislation.
- Deal with the company’s bank in respect of payments and receipts, foreign currency rate and currency hedging negotiations. Ensure that all bank accounts and credit card statements are regularly reviewed and reconciled.
- Efficiently manage all external contracts, and to ensure that all the Company’s expenditure is correctly authorized and accounted for.
- Ensure the overall smooth running of the Company’s internal administration and its cost-effectiveness.
- Manage, in conjunction with the Executive Director, staff contracts and HR matters.
- Manage personnel procedures in relation to recruitment, training, holidays and appraisals, ensuring these are properly documented, and advise on relevant policies.
- Ensure that appropriate policies are in place with regard to procurement and tendering processes to secure the best deals for the Company from service providers.
- Maintain a risk register.
- Ensure that the Company’s legal responsibilities are met, in particular that all necessary insurance is properly in place.
- Responsible for Data Protection, Copyright Licensing and Performing Rights Society registration, compliance and fees.
- Responsible for the Company’s IT resources, maintaining and reviewing the most appropriate and efficient systems.
- Assist the Executive Director in business development activities and all such other duties as shall be reasonably associated with or incident to the above matters or as shall, in the course of the employment, be agreed between the parties as being or forming part of the duties.
Key Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor of Commerce in Finance/ Accounting or equivalent
- CPA (K)/ ACCA
- An MBA/ post graduate qualification will be an added advantage
- 5 years relevant working experience, 2 of which should be at managerial level in a busy finance and administration environment
- Successful track record of managing operations and financial and management accounting
- Previous experience in financial and administrative operations
- Advanced knowledge and proven ability to use Microsoft Excel and accounting applications
- Experience of managing IT resource-Accounting software
- Experience of managing staff and associated employment issues
Key Skills/ Competencies
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent planner and strategic thinker
- Excellent risk management and cost control skills
- Ability to deliver timely results despite obstacles and limited resources
- Ability to take responsibility for decision made and learn from the outturn
- A strong grasp of all relevant legislation and of how it applies to the role
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent advocacy, presentation and communication skills
- Good understanding of relevant IT systems
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills
- Team leadership
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Self-motivation, a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for change.
- Committed to a positive approach to equality of opportunity and community engagement.
- A positive, communicative personality that engenders confidence in others.
- A keen interest in satisfying internal and external customers.
- A supportive and open line-manager and colleague.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send their applications by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the “job title” as the subject heading.
This should only include a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae with three (3) professional referees.
DO NOT ATTACH copies of certificates/testimonials.
Include your current and expected remuneration package in the cover letter.
Kindly follow these instructions to avoid disqualification of your application.
Note that the deadline for submission of applications is Friday 10th February 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer.