JOB REF: LF/FD/1
About our client
Our client is an international company providing integrated logistics services in remote areas within East Africa.
They are looking for a Finance Director to Manage the Finance function and Senior Management objectives in the company. The incumbent will be based in their Nairobi, office.
- Take overall control and accountability for the business’s finance function.
- Develop the overall finance strategy for the business in current and new locations in Africa to meet company and Group objectives and compliance.
- Partner with the Managing Director and Sales Director on all financial, operational and strategic issues and provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis, projections, costs and revenue analysis.
- Continuously drive new business opportunities for growth and expansion aimed to deliver improved profits, cash generation and investment returns to shareholders.
- Assist the finance team in capturing and reporting appropriate business metrics to assist senior leadership and operations in managing their businesses.
- Lead the monthly Group reporting to the Head Office in London and prepare analysis, presentations and reports to the Managing Director and London Group on a monthly basis on performance.
- Lead the annual budget and half year reforecast process and prepare analysis, presentations and reports to the
- Managing Director and London Group ensuring alignment with overall Group and divisional targets.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Manage the cash and treasury functions and ensure compliance with local legislation and Group policies
- Responsible for maintaining effective and efficient internal control environment
- Ensure tax compliance and planning for the business and across all countries.
- Lead and develop finance teams across the business
Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Must be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA CA or CIMA) with extensive (15 years+) post qualifying experience.
- Previously operated as a Finance Director – with Board level experience and a proven track record of being able to influence a business at senior level.
- Ability to manage his or her time and prioritising tasks to a high standard to meet deadlines (capability to deal with several projects in parallel).
- Experience gained within a professional services firm or within a corporate organisation.
- Highly numerate, with experience in leading a finance function clearly demonstrating changes and improvements made.
- Strong auditing and financial/management accounting skills.
- Able to demonstrate a real interest in the business and commercial aspects of the role.
- Open mind-set, accurate, persistent, innovative, energetic and ambitious individual.
- Strongly proficient with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of data, identify key issues and communicate these issues both verbally and in written form to multiple stakeholders.
- Able to work well independently, remotely or in a small team.
- Ability to quickly develop working relationships throughout the business.
- A self-starter who can get on with the task in hand, who knows when to ask for assistance and when to communicate information and issues.
- Highly flexible who is prepared to work on special projects across Head Office and business units.
- A high level of oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel throughout Africa.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted