Position: Marketing Manager – FMCG
Nature of Job: Full time
Objective of Job: The role is responsible for meeting sales targets within designated markets and territories resulting in increased market share and visibility of the Company products in the market.
Responsibility of Job:
- Give ideas on new products and come up with a product development strategy
- Check new products from competitors
- Undertaking thorough market research so as to turn an identified product opportunity into a tangible concept
- Determine the product’s relevance to the market and profitability to the company
- Formulate and implement sales and marketing strategies
- Build key customer relationships
- Identify business opportunities
- Negotiate and close business deals and maintain extensive knowledge of current market conditions
- Find potential new customers, present to them, ultimately convert them into clients, and continue to grow business in the future
- Manage existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive
- Put the Focus on the consumer’s needs
- Organize brainstorming meetings
- Come up with launching strategies like promotions, free samples, road shows
- Advise on the target customers
- Lead, recruit, train and mentor sales team
- Continuous staff development
- Motivate, promote and retain performing staffs
- Supervise the sales team and ensure they are working to meet the set targets
- Escalate and resolve disciplinary issues in the department
- Ensure accounts are paid in time, all cheques are collected
- Liaise with the debt collectors to ensure all debts are paid in time
- Providing customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies and short payments
- Minimize the debts owed to the company and follow on bad debts
- Build and maintain successful relationships with customers within assigned sectors and territories
- Ensure customers are serviced well by the dispatch team, goods are delivered in time, in good order and the right quantity
- Regularly update customers on sales order progress, and respond and resolve customer queries in a timely manner
- Manage business communication in relation to the brand and the business unit on email, blogs, and social networks as well as through verbal discussions
- Conduct regular field visits to prospect and generate sales.
- Ensure company policies have been effectively communicated to clients.
- Develop an excellent and complete understanding of the company products and how they meet the needs of designated customer segments and the market.
- Develop a base for long-term sources of clients through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face, cold calling on business owners/decision makers, emails and networking.
- Monitor, analyze and review customer retention data and use findings to improve prospect targeting and conversion to customers.
- Actively follow up new leads and referrals resulting from enquiries, field activity and promotions
- Execute and actively participate in planed promotional activities to market the company’s products whilst also coordinating with the Technical resource on customers training.