Duma Works is recruiting an FMCG Sales Manager for one of our client in Nairobi; a leading international FMCG company.
Reporting to: Key Account Sales Director.
Job Purpose: We are looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our team. You will be mainly responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with key accounts in Nairobi. You will also supervise a sales team and support other regional sales managers to increase sales and profitability.
- Implement and manage channel sales (lead the sales team).
- Sales in key channels (in charge of some channels).
- Manage,push and motivate distributors(including staff motivation, collect payment etc)
- Management of key retail clients
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Master/Degree in Sales and Marketing.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Sales and at least 3 years experience listing new FMCG products in Kenya.
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and meeting clients requirements.
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead and motivate team members.
- Availability to travel as needed.
How to Apply
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2641”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2641 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 14th February 2017
N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.